Friday, July 24, 2009

Back in Kenya

After the long and cramped flight, we are back in Kenya.  We arrived Tuesday evening and are adjusting back to life here.  We were very glad that we were able to make it back for my grandpa’s funeral.  He was a very special person, and we will miss him very much.  I will carry with me so many wonderful memories and feel very blessed for the time I had together with him.  My grandma and grandpa have always been there for me and gave me support in everything I did.  I am grateful for all they have done for me.  Our prayers go out to my grandma, my mom, her brothers and sisters, and the rest of the family.  The trip was bittersweet as we said our goodbyes to my grandpa, but we also were able to meet our two new nephews for the first time.  We were glad to be able to see our families and friends as well.  We have missed them so much.  It was also nice to be around our own culture again, if only for a few days.  Now, we are back to our busy schedules.  It has been a crazy few days as our church youth are taking a medical missions trip out into the middle of nowhere in northeastern Kenya.  I was very fortunate because an intern just started at our church a week before we came home, and he has done a terrific job helping to organize the trip while I was away.  Even so, we still have a lot of catching up to do as we prepare to leave on Sunday.  We have about 50 youth that are going from several churches.  We are staying in tents, but we have not yet been able to allocate them (AHHHHH).  All of our hopeful sources have fallen through.  It will be an interesting trip to say the least, though I am very excited about the impact that it will have on our youth.  I am not as excited about no showers for 8 days with 50 youth.  Hopefully I can find some nose plugs. ~ Jeremy

1 comment:

Jolinda said...

Can't wait to hear how God uses this trip to reveal himself to the youth of Ngata AGC! So glad you were able to make the quick trip home!