Saturday, August 1, 2009

New Roommate

I had blogged on Tuesday that we were to get 2 new girls on Wednesday.  We ended up only getting 1 because the other baby’s paperwork wasn’t ready.  Anyways, the one who came (Teresia… previously named by her mother before she was abandoned) brought a little surprise with her.  She has Chicken Pox.  As it happens none of our other 25 kids have ever had it.  Also, most of the caregivers haven’t either.  As you can imagine, if we had an outbreak of Chicken Pox at the Baby Center it would be disastrous.  Trying to manage that many sick kids would be awful not to mention we currently have several new babies who are malnourished, underweight, and immunocompromised.  If one of these babies contracted Chicken Pox it could be deadly for them.  So as soon as she got here we got her up to our apartment and have been keeping her quarantined here.  Luckily both Jeremy and I have had it in the past.  Teresia will be 5 months old next week and weighs only 7.9 pounds.  She is doing well right now and will be staying with me until she is no longer contagious.  I will post pictures once Jeremy returns with the camera.

  As for Jeremy, I haven’t heard anything from him since Monday night.  I don’t think they have cell phone reception out where they are.  I’m sure he will have some interesting stories to tell when he returns on Monday.  ~Nicole

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chicken Pox...oh how I remember having 2 sick with them. Kellie brought them home from school in first grade and promptly shared them with Mark and Shawn (Shawn was just an infant). I can't imagine what would happen if all the babies got them. God bless and protect all of you

Mucho love..G. Joan