Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kenyans and Tacos

Apparently, the youth here in Ngata have never eaten tacos before.  Nicole and I had the older youth (anywhere from 18 to 26 years old)over to our apartment on Sunday after church.  We were expecting around 5 or 6, but we discovered that whenever you mention food, africa 002the Kenyan youth are listening.  “If you feed them, they will come.”  And they did, about 20 of them.  Though we were excited to have that many, we were completely out of food by the end of the day.  We served them tacos and pizza, but the youth were a little confused.  Even after I demonstrated, they still did not understand.  One was even trying to wrap his piece of pizza inside his soft taco shell (chepati). ~ Jeremy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm laughing as the read the taco/pizza story. It's great to read your experiences. Thanks so much for taking the time to blog - I follow your regularly - excited for you.

Keep the fire red hot!
Dave Engbrecht